更新时间:2018-11-27 11:31作者:才子老师
溥仪:皇上是不能被考的。
Johnston:Well that may have to change.But first Your Majesty might like to ask me some questions.
庄士敦:好吧,我们不得不改变一下,这样吧,皇上或许可以向我提问问题。
Pu Yi:Where are your ancestors buried?
溥仪:你家的祖坟在哪里?
Johnston:In Scotland,Your Majesty.
庄士敦:在苏格兰,皇上。
Pu Yi:But then,where's your skirt?In your country men wear short skirts,do they not?
溥仪:那你的裙子去哪了,你们苏格兰男人不都穿裙子吗?
Johnston:No,Your Majesty.Scotsmen do not wear skirts they wear kilts.
庄士敦:不,皇上,苏格兰男人不穿短裙,他们穿方格呢短裙。
Pu Yi:Kilts?
溥仪:方格呢短裙?
Johnston:Kilts.A matter of words,perhaps,but words are important.
庄士敦:方格呢短裙。也许只是措词的问题,但是措词非常重要的。
Pu Yi:Why are words important?
溥仪:为什么措词非常重要?
Johnston:If you cant say what you mean,Your majesty,you will never mean what you say.And a gentleman should always means what he says.
庄士敦:皇上,如果你不能清楚的表达你的意思,皇上你就不会说话算数了,一个绅士应该永远说话算数。
Pu Yi:Ah,yes,a gentleman. Are you a gentleman.